Online Learning Experience
Making the Most of This Unique Opportunity!
Virtual learning is a lifeline to those of us unable to travel to a set location. A live instructor will deliver the same curriculum as the in-person training, with the convenience of attending from your own workspace or home.
Our goal is to ensure you get the most out of your Newfield learning experience, no matter the setting. Due to the depth of learning, you will experience in our conference it is important that you understand that attending virtually follows the same agreements as an in-person conference. Below are our guidelines and technical requirements for online participation.
Guidelines to Optimize Your Learning
1. Be timely. We suggest arriving 10-minutes prior to start.
2. Minimize distractions. Close your email and social media sites. Set your phone to silent.
3. Maintain presence. Being attentive, focused, and engaged throughout the conference is vital to everyone’s learning.
4. Participate! Ask questions, make comments, take notes… It is vital in getting the most out of your learning experience.
5. Self-care. To be comfortable throughout, wear comfortable clothes and have water and snacks available.
6. Ensure your video is on so your facilitators and cohort members can get to know you.
7. Headsets are optional. Many people choose to use headsets or earbuds to minimize distractions and optimize focus and engagement.
8. When not participating, you will be muted throughout the session to enhance your learning and audio experience.
- Internet connection with a minimum speed of 2.0 Mbps. To test your internet speed, go to speedtest.net
- Desktop or laptop computer. Please no mobile devices such as phones, tablets, or iPads.