Becoming A Life Coach
“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
Through running programs for 30 years, we have developed a premier program that is rigorous yet suited to busy people, one of the first to be accredited by the International Coach Federation in July 2000. Executive leaders, aspiring coaches, experienced coaches, and individuals seeking personal transformation each find our programs suitable for their needs.
*Due to the COVID-19 requirements, we have changed all our in-person conferences this year to 100% virtual for everyone’s safety.
We have adapted our program to minimize travel while catering for busy work schedules and time zones.
- In our longest program, we only have two in-person weeks to minimize travel time, cost, and being out-of-office. Shorter programs entail less travel.
- In between in-person weeks, you learn through weekly ‘live’ virtual classes and learning guides. We always offer more ‘live’ virtual classes available than required for completion, so you pick which sessions suit your schedule.
We believe you need to experience ontological coaching before you can practice it. Mentorship and personal coaching by Newfield-certified coaches are built into our program.
- In our 16-week and 9-month programs, you will receive one-on-one coaching from a certified Newfield Network coach.
- If you are learning to be a coach through our 9-month program, you will receive one-on-one mentorship.
A Cohort-Based Learning Community
We believe in the value of learning from diverse classmates. We enroll cohorts and they tend to move through the program together, forming study groups, attending virtual classes together and challenging each other. Newfield graduates gain a learning community for life.
You can join one of the following options. If you’re not sure, you can enroll in the shorter courses before deciding whether to extend. (Most people do, though there is no obligation).
- 6-Day | Virtual Immersion | The Foundation Course
- 16-Week | All Virtual | Foundations of Ontological Learning
- 9-Month | All Virtual | Coaching for Personal & Professional Mastery, leading to coaching certification
Questions? We're Here for You!
Committing to a program can be a big decision, and we’re here to help. Linda Fischer, our Director for Community Relations and a Newfield Grad, can answer your questions, connect you to Newfield alumni who share your background, and give you the information and support you need.
Latest from the Blog
How Newfield Coaches Work Their Magic
Transformational coaching helps clients change the fundamental way they see their breakdown and are being to access potentialities that would have otherwise remained hidden or dormant.
Newfield Grad Spotlight: Ashish Kothari
Ever wonder what fellow Newfield grads are doing out in the world after they’ve completed the program? Newfield loves celebrating the good that’s being done around the globe by its alumni and sharing inspirational success stories. That’s why we’re excited to...
Do You Know Your Perfect Amount of Work/Life Balance?
If you’re thinking you want to move into a different mindset about how you look at your time and work/life balance, here are three things to keep in mind.
Newfield’s ontologically-driven coaching certification program explores holistic and effective ways to assist people in discovering new possibilities personally and professionally. In the course, care and rigor are given to linguistics, emotions, somatics, and life coaching core competencies.